User login

Most notable improvement

16 replies [Last post]
Lilkanyon's picture
Lilkanyon
Offline
Citizen
female
Weed, CA
Joined: 11/05/2009

What improvement is most profound for you? For me it's the ability to save more then one game. It's priceless! I can have one game for going back and finding things etc...and another I can play through over and over again without having to worry about that. Nice improvement Ubi and THANK YOU!

Oh, and no need to list all of the improvements you like, just the one (limit it to one for now so we don't end up with paragraphs..lol) most striking to you.

Here's to you as good as you are. Here's to me as bad as I am. As bad as I am, and as good as you are, I'm as good as you are, as bad as I am.

NoFlogging's picture
NoFlogging
Offline
Citizen
male
Sweden
Joined: 11/11/2009

The depth, complexity and amazingness(word?) of the whole subject 16 "sub"story (glyphs, the truth) and everything else in the database is what I (so far, only on sequence 4) found to be most striking.

Justice without equality is merely justice for those in power.

Asaic's picture
Asaic
Offline
Citizen
male
Canada
Joined: 11/11/2009
lilkody wrote:
Oh, and no need to list all of the improvements you like, just the one (limit it to one for now so we don't end up with paragraphs..lol) most striking to you.

Hey, that's a shot at me, isn't it? Tongue

I couldn't really pick just one. To me, it's more the combination of the improvements that impresses, rather than individual things on their own.

stabguy's picture
stabguy
Offline
Administrator
male
Honolulu, HI USA
Joined: 09/15/2009

I'm not very far into the game yet but one improvement has jumped out at me. You can now enter fight mode and keep the Hidden Blade equipped. In AC1 you always had to switch back to the Hidden Blade if you wanted to do counters with it.

You won't even feel the blade.

Giga's picture
Giga
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 11/11/2009

^ Agreed. That's really good. I don't like that you can't do air assassinations straight away tho. Also I've loved stealing guards weapons.

La verit' e' scritta con il sangue
SBIzokronus's picture
SBIzokronus
Offline
Citizen
male
Ohio
Joined: 11/11/2009

I've only finished 2 memory blocks since I just got it last night, but I love the fact that the sword (and probably the other stabbing weapons too, I haven't tried) can do a 1 hit kill on guards that aren't facing you. I always griped about that in the last game.


"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."- Winston Churchhill
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you

Asaic's picture
Asaic
Offline
Citizen
male
Canada
Joined: 11/11/2009
SBIzokronus wrote:
I've only finished 2 memory blocks since I just got it last night, but I love the fact that the sword (and probably the other stabbing weapons too, I haven't tried) can do a 1 hit kill on guards that aren't facing you. I always griped about that in the last game.

I also love this feature. Whenever I have mercs, I just walk around and stab the guards in the back with my sword. Smile

YurkleNorf's picture
YurkleNorf
Offline
Citizen
male
Northern Indiana
Joined: 11/17/2009

The hammers and maces are nasty with their one-hit kills from behind... well, actually, they're not one hit kills, but they're still nasty.

Greyjeth's picture
Greyjeth
Offline
Citizen
male
Petaluma, CA
Joined: 11/16/2009

My personal favourite is swimming, it's so freaking nice. In the first game i found it hard to believe that a higly trained assassin who could kill a person in so many ways couldnt even swim.

Why have one blade in the crowd when you can have two?

SBIzokronus's picture
SBIzokronus
Offline
Citizen
male
Ohio
Joined: 11/11/2009

according to the online manual for AC2, it was an Animus bug which did not allow Altair to swim, not history itself.

http://assassinscreed.com/assassins-creed-2/manual/ps3

Check section 1.4.3 about Swimming, look at the handwritten note. The notes are missing from at least my print version of the manual, I don't know about other people.


"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."- Winston Churchhill
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you

Greyjeth's picture
Greyjeth
Offline
Citizen
male
Petaluma, CA
Joined: 11/16/2009
SBIzokronus wrote:
according to the online manual for AC2, it was an Animus bug which did not allow Altair to swim, not history itself.

http://assassinscreed.com/assassins-creed-2/manual/ps3

Check section 1.4.3 about Swimming, look at the handwritten note. The notes are missing from at least my print version of the manual, I don't know about other people.

I never read that thing to be honest

Why have one blade in the crowd when you can have two?

SBIzokronus's picture
SBIzokronus
Offline
Citizen
male
Ohio
Joined: 11/11/2009

I read the one for the first game, but not the second one until now.


"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite."- Winston Churchhill
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you

Greyjeth's picture
Greyjeth
Offline
Citizen
male
Petaluma, CA
Joined: 11/16/2009

well i never really read any of them too busy playing the game xP

Why have one blade in the crowd when you can have two?

Lilkanyon's picture
Lilkanyon
Offline
Citizen
female
Weed, CA
Joined: 11/05/2009
Asaic wrote:
lilkody wrote:
Oh, and no need to list all of the improvements you like, just the one (limit it to one for now so we don't end up with paragraphs..lol) most striking to you.

Hey, that's a shot at me, isn't it? Tongue

I couldn't really pick just one. To me, it's more the combination of the improvements that impresses, rather than individual things on their own.

You know it sweetheart Laughing out loud

Here's to you as good as you are. Here's to me as bad as I am. As bad as I am, and as good as you are, I'm as good as you are, as bad as I am.

ThroatnDagger's picture
ThroatnDagger
Offline
Citizen
male
Kingston
Joined: 09/18/2012

My notable improvement from the first game to the second would have to be the backstabbing "stealth" kills, although they're not necessarily stealthy.

"Make humble your heart Altair, or I swear I'll tear it from you with my bear hands."-Al Mualim

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010

You can just use the hidden blade for a stealthy kill in any of the games. I think the other weapons are used that way to start fights.

PSN: JoeyFogey

Steam: JoeyFogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

Vesferatu's picture
Vesferatu
Offline
Citizen
male
Long Beach
Joined: 06/26/2011

The biggest improvement?

Well, the combat is still laggy with that God-awful mandatory lockon. The economy is redundant and tiresome. Tons of clipping, popping, and lag. No complex depth in story.

Let's hope that all changes in ACIII.