User login

Shortcut challenge

17 replies [Last post]
Fed981's picture
Fed981
Offline
Citizen
male
France
Joined: 04/12/2011

Hey guys. As I was playing AC2 and particularly "Over beams, under stone", I didn't manage to do everything I want. I'll try to explain as best as I can.

Between the two "bene" points of this memory, you go once through the nave. Right after that you climb up, before swinging on two bars. Somewhere on the column there is point A.

Near the second secret chest of the memory, also through the nave, right above the altar, is a square-shaped hanging deck. This is point B.

Kudos to anyone able to jump consistently from point A to point B. Grasp is permitted, of course. I tried for a long time, but finally I gave up and decided to use the normal path.

161803398874989's picture
161803398874989
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 12/13/2010

Have you tried wall boosting?

_________________

"Betraying the Assassins is never good for one's health."
"Well, neither is drinking liquor, but I'm drawn to its dangers all the same."

Fed981's picture
Fed981
Offline
Citizen
male
France
Joined: 04/12/2011
161803398874989 wrote:
Have you tried wall boosting?

I tried, but there's no place to do it. Ezio keeps catching the climbing elements.

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010

Any chance of performing a superjump there?

Fed981's picture
Fed981
Offline
Citizen
male
France
Joined: 04/12/2011

A superjump? What do you mean?

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010

Trying to air tackle/air assassinate a character. Of course there would have to be a guard in that area, and he would need to be in the right spot.

Fed981's picture
Fed981
Offline
Citizen
male
France
Joined: 04/12/2011

Unfortunately there isn't any guard in that area.

161803398874989's picture
161803398874989
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 12/13/2010

Aren't there some guards at the end? I don't recall exactly. Probably won't work anyway.

_________________

"Betraying the Assassins is never good for one's health."
"Well, neither is drinking liquor, but I'm drawn to its dangers all the same."

MAGLX's picture
MAGLX
Offline
Citizen
male
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined: 10/02/2013
Fed981 wrote:
Hey guys. As I was playing AC2 and particularly "Over beams, under stone", I didn't manage to do everything I want. I'll try to explain as best as I can.

Between the two "bene" points of this memory, you go once through the nave. Right after that you climb up, before swinging on two bars. Somewhere on the column there is point A.

Near the second secret chest of the memory, also through the nave, right above the altar, is a square-shaped hanging deck. This is point B.

Kudos to anyone able to jump consistently from point A to point B. Grasp is permitted, of course. I tried for a long time, but finally I gave up and decided to use the normal path.

Hey, man. How are you?

I really like your speedrun series, they inspired me very much, and led me to make some speedrun videos about AC2 & ACB tombs. Actually, I just completed a video of this lair, can I post on here to share it with you?

Looking forward to seeing your new videos.

Fed981's picture
Fed981
Offline
Citizen
male
France
Joined: 04/12/2011

Of course you can post here. And I'll be happy to watch. Go on!

MAGLX's picture
MAGLX
Offline
Citizen
male
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined: 10/02/2013

Sorry, because of the recent Youtube connections often unstable in my country, so I can not edit my video, until now to complete.

I tried twice speedrun in this video. first time is a normal type, and the second was not passed any checkpoint, just went straight to the chamber door. In the latter part of videos is replayed and shortcut guide. Regrettably, it seems that there are too many checkpoints in this small place, I can not find more shortcuts can be used in first time.

I put a little bit of English annotations in this video, but I believe you just read on to understand. Do you think this level can also be faster? I hope you have to find more shortcuts.

Assassin's Creed II: Secret locations speedrun "Over beams, under stone"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=da1OChAMawE

Fed981's picture
Fed981
Offline
Citizen
male
France
Joined: 04/12/2011

Your videos are really good. I was impressed. And, by the way, we can consider you managed to perform the shortcut I mentionned, since you did even shorter. Congratulations!

The bad side is that this shortcut isn't useful because you can't finish the memory this way. Nevertheless, do you mind if I use some of your tricks in any future productions? Thanks!

NB: as a side note, I discovered a better shortcut than yours at the beginning of Shipwrecked, and I already planned many things as you did (all videos considered). Don't worry, of course, you had some impressive things that I never thought about!

MAGLX's picture
MAGLX
Offline
Citizen
male
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined: 10/02/2013
Fed981 wrote:
Your videos are really good. I was impressed. And, by the way, we can consider you managed to perform the shortcut I mentionned, since you did even shorter. Congratulations!

The bad side is that this shortcut isn't useful because you can't finish the memory this way. Nevertheless, do you mind if I use some of your tricks in any future productions? Thanks!

NB: as a side note, I discovered a better shortcut than yours at the beginning of Shipwrecked, and I already planned many things as you did (all videos considered). Don't worry, of course, you had some impressive things that I never thought about!

Hi, I'm glad my videos can provide any useful to you, it's my pleasure. Shy

About "we can consider you managed to perform the shortcut I mentionned". Sorry, I am not really understand meaning of this sentence, does that mean something I can do for you?

I think you must have made ​​some amazing videos, I can not wait to watching them.

You are the Master of Speedrun. Smile

NataliaNeeSama's picture
NataliaNeeSama
Offline
Citizen
female
São Paulo, Brazil
Joined: 09/12/2013

He said you manage to conquer his challenge, MAGLX, doing that shortcut. That's all ^^

MAGLX's picture
MAGLX
Offline
Citizen
male
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined: 10/02/2013
NataliaNeeSama wrote:
He said you manage to conquer his challenge, MAGLX, doing that shortcut. That's all ^^

It seems a compliment, right? I'm flattered.

Thank you for your translation, Natalia. Smile

Fed981's picture
Fed981
Offline
Citizen
male
France
Joined: 04/12/2011
MAGLX wrote:
I think you must have made ​​some amazing videos, I can not wait to watching them.

You are the Master of Speedrun. Smile

Well thank you, but I haven't done anything new... yet. Only some kind of planning.

DarkAlphabetZoup's picture
DarkAlphabetZoup
Offline
Citizen
male
Toronto, Canada
Joined: 12/30/2009

I'm going to climb to the end of that mission using the same methods you did, that was incredible. Going to take me a lot of training though Sad

MAGLX's picture
MAGLX
Offline
Citizen
male
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined: 10/02/2013
DarkAlphabetZoup wrote:
I'm going to climb to the end of that mission using the same methods you did, that was incredible. Going to take me a lot of training though Sad

Have fun! Bro. Smile