User login

Memory Corridors Are Changing

16 replies [Last post]
Calvar The Blade's picture
Calvar The Blade
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 11/21/2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2haN0FD-9jM

in this interview, at around the 10 minute mark they start talking about how they're handling memory corridors. (they call it the "white room) I won't spoil it here.

but the whole interview has some great new stuff.

the posts a bit guy

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010

I just hope they get cool effects for when assassination memory corridors start. Too bad they ditched that in Black Flags.

Calvar The Blade's picture
Calvar The Blade
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 11/21/2010
aurllcooljay wrote:
I just hope they get cool effects for when assassination memory corridors start. Too bad they ditched that in Black Flags.

well we know it's going to go into slow motion, and likely have some sort of effect as you start to see their memories.

the posts a bit guy

Leo K's picture
Leo K
Offline
male
Toronto, Canada
Joined: 12/30/2009

"We have hundreds of different Gear Items, which will require people to make a Team Loadout that’s complementary to your allies - or have trouble because of the difficulty of doing things alone. For example, a hood might make you harder to Detect in a crowd, a belt will let you carry more of X Y or Z. If you’re playing with your Buddies, maybe you’ve invested more Skill Points into Eagle Sense, so you’re the Eagle Sense specialist or Scout; somebody else might be the Lockpick guy, and maybe someone else has more ammunition for Ranged weapons."
"You’ve talked about a term called ‘Blackbox.’ What does that mean?"

"It’s a term we use internally. Assassin’s Creed has always had the Core Pillars, the Navigation, Stealth and Combat, but ultimately it’s a very mid-level experience: This means all of AC is about how you experience all three of those pillars together. What this comes down to is Missions. In previous titles Missions were not varied. Tail, Chase, Fight, whatever. We’ve completely changed the philosophy; now we have only two large categories of Missions;

First one is an AMM - Adaptive Mission Mechanic - and the other one is Blackbox. The AMM just to give you a small example; in the mission that you need to find the location of a base, and the way to find it is to tail a bad guy. Traditionally that would be a Tail mission. On Unity what we try to do is give a mission a THEME, but then allow the player to express their own way of playing and have the game adapt to that. The mission might start as a Tail. If he spots you, it becomes a Chase. If you lose him, it becomes a Locate. If he accidentally gets killed, you might Loot the body to find the base. However, because he’s dead, there may be more guards when you reach his base.

Blackbox is essentially a 360-degree mission. We define a physical location to act as a playground for the mission, and there’s a target to Assassinate. When we start the mission, we clearly define what the playground is and we say, “Explore the environment, Create Opportunities, Kill the Target.” You can analyze that “blackbox” to identify room for creativity. Before getting to that Mission, you’ve already walked over this area that many times, already played around in Paris. So you can use your prior knowledge to find a cool way of completing the mission. If you replay it, you can replay it a completely different way and get a whole new experience.”

Love everything about this.
We get AC1 back!
The videos we can make out of this game already sound absolutely absurd.
Imagine replaying a mission and showing the viewer every possible AMM type.
First we complete it with a Full-Tail. Then we complete it with a Chase and Catch. Then we complete it with a Locate. Then we complete it with a Kill and Loot. Imagine we "spook" a target and catch him stylishly because we know where he's going to go.

Vesferatu's picture
Vesferatu
Offline
Citizen
male
Long Beach
Joined: 06/26/2011

Light blue pillars of triangles? Odd choice for a UI theme, but I'll take it.

Calvar The Blade's picture
Calvar The Blade
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 11/21/2010
Vesferatu wrote:
Light blue pillars of triangles? Odd choice for a UI theme, but I'll take it.

think those are supposed to be an abstract representation of the city

the posts a bit guy

Leo K's picture
Leo K
Offline
male
Toronto, Canada
Joined: 12/30/2009

The first thing I remarked upon as soon as I saw the gameplay videos was, "The new Animus looks really different. And cool."

Vesferatu's picture
Vesferatu
Offline
Citizen
male
Long Beach
Joined: 06/26/2011

What'd be really cool for a UI theme would be a million, small red glowing cubes that climb up and ensemble the buildings. That'd be really sweet, but time consuming on the animation department.

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010
DarkAlphabetZoup wrote:
The videos we can make out of this game already sound absolutely absurd.
Imagine replaying a mission and showing the viewer every possible AMM type.
First we complete it with a Full-Tail. Then we complete it with a Chase and Catch. Then we complete it with a Locate. Then we complete it with a Kill and Loot. Imagine we "spook" a target and catch him stylishly because we know where he's going to go.

I thought this would be what we'd do, yeah.

I'm REALLY hoping that we can leap off of a building like we're usually able to do so we can do "Assisted Eagle Strikes". This would involve the other players forcing the target to flee along a set path while one player waits until the perfect moment to perform an Eagle Strike. Obviously this would require lots of planning. That's just a basic idea I had today.

NEW Youtube channel!
- Joey Fogey Art

PSN: JoeyFogey

Twitch Livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/joeyfogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

Calvar The Blade's picture
Calvar The Blade
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 11/21/2010
JoeyFogey wrote:
DarkAlphabetZoup wrote:
The videos we can make out of this game already sound absolutely absurd.
Imagine replaying a mission and showing the viewer every possible AMM type.
First we complete it with a Full-Tail. Then we complete it with a Chase and Catch. Then we complete it with a Locate. Then we complete it with a Kill and Loot. Imagine we "spook" a target and catch him stylishly because we know where he's going to go.

I thought this would be what we'd do, yeah.

I'm REALLY hoping that we can leap off of a building like we're usually able to do so we can do "Assisted Eagle Strikes". This would involve the other players forcing the target to flee along a set path while one player waits until the perfect moment to perform an Eagle Strike. Obviously this would require lots of planning. That's just a basic idea I had today.

I'm thinking they're going to go with "parkour up" being the "unsafe free-running" button. Don't see a reason you wouldn't be able to make those leaps still

the posts a bit guy

Leo K's picture
Leo K
Offline
male
Toronto, Canada
Joined: 12/30/2009

Another interesting thing - since Alex Amancio says there are 100s of different Gear customizations (different hoods change detection rules, belts change Max Ammo, etc.) and 100s of Skills in your Skill Trees (Eagle Sense specialist becomes the team's scout etc.)

We could do runs where we're just Absolute Zero. Minimalist Co Op runs with the tightest, sickest execution.

gerund's picture
gerund
Offline
Citizen
male
The Netherlands
Joined: 10/29/2012

Awesome ideas... I'm already looking forward to seeing these videos.

"...and if I had no self-awareness, I think I'd know."

Calvar The Blade's picture
Calvar The Blade
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 11/21/2010
DarkAlphabetZoup wrote:
Another interesting thing - since Alex Amancio says there are 100s of different Gear customizations (different hoods change detection rules, belts change Max Ammo, etc.) and 100s of Skills in your Skill Trees (Eagle Sense specialist becomes the team's scout etc.)

We could do runs where we're just Absolute Zero. Minimalist Co Op runs with the tightest, sickest execution.

that might be very difficult indeed, going off everything they're talking about regarding how strong enemies are.

the posts a bit guy

Leo K's picture
Leo K
Offline
male
Toronto, Canada
Joined: 12/30/2009

The more difficult a challenge is, the more TheHiddenBlade likes taking cracks at it - and the more impressive it is to watch. The way we function as a Brotherhood is already conducive to something like this - the highest-skilled members/those best at breaking/exploiting/understanding the game almost INSTANTLY share information and vids to other members of our Order. Theoretically once we all learn Unity's systems, we'd be able to do some very extravagant things ;]

161803398874989's picture
161803398874989
Offline
male
Joined: 12/13/2010
DarkAlphabetZoup wrote:
almost INSTANTLY share information and vids to other members of our Order.

I've known about double jump and bump for over a year now, and have five or six locations where it can be used.

Still haven't made a vid.

_________________

"Betraying the Assassins is never good for one's health."
"Well, neither is drinking liquor, but I'm drawn to its dangers all the same."

Double McStab with Cheese's picture
Double McStab w...
Offline
Citizen
male
San Diego, CA
Joined: 03/29/2012
161803398874989 wrote:
DarkAlphabetZoup wrote:
almost INSTANTLY share information and vids to other members of our Order.

I've known about double jump and bump for over a year now, and have five or six locations where it can be used.

Still haven't made a vid.

*zing*

“To have peace there must be strife; both are part of the structure of the world and requirements.” - Ancient Egyptian Proverb

Leo K's picture
Leo K
Offline
male
Toronto, Canada
Joined: 12/30/2009

You still shared the information/at least that it's possible Tongue