User login

Back to the Future With Jubair

aurllcooljay's picture
5

http://youtu.be/ay-Bmgt6Sd8
[Front-paged. -stabguy]

The result of Back to the Future exploit done on Jubair al Hakim. Another name for this video would have been "Jubair Quits his Job" (but I wanted it to have a unique title).

Setup
Start the setup with the Instant Kill from the original video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFHli77es2Y
Since you aren't under city alert you can leave the city. There will be a warning that leaving the city will reinitialize the memory. If you pay close attention you will notice that the bureau disappears from the minimap. Also the current status changes from "Escape and return to the Bureau Leader" to "Return to the Bureau Leader". This confirms the memory has been restarted. So you don't even have to leave the city for this exploit.

Back to the Future
So what happens when the game knows you already did the mission? Well... Jubair and his minions already shown up as targets on the map. They casually stroll outside the Madrasah Al-Kallasah, unaffected by the scene that will start. However if you get too close they will teleport back into place for the scene. So keep some distance. In the video I find a spot with a good view of the front door (which is open). Just wait for Jubair to walk by. And since the game recognizes him as a target assassinating him results in the memory corridor scene, unlike the original Early Death which is non story.

161803398874989's picture
161803398874989
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 12/13/2010

Meh, it requires you to get exposed.

_________________

"Betraying the Assassins is never good for one's health."
"Well, neither is drinking liquor, but I'm drawn to its dangers all the same."

stabguy's picture
stabguy
Offline
Administrator
male
Honolulu, HI USA
Joined: 09/15/2009
aurllcooljay wrote:
Notice how even though he is unresponsive to you you become exposed and under city alert.

Are you sure it was a City Alert? It looked like you punched Jubair in front of a Save Citizen, causing the guard circle to enter Open Conflict.

There's only one rhapsody. The Bohemian one.

161803398874989's picture
161803398874989
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 12/13/2010

Excellent video! Sorry for mucking it up. Tongue

BRB, trying this exact way on William (I went to the Kingdom and returned in the other vid).

EDIT: Tried it, didn't work as I had planned. I did an early infiltration so I could see what happened and saw several soldiers quit their job. Tongue Dibs on the video. xD

_________________

"Betraying the Assassins is never good for one's health."
"Well, neither is drinking liquor, but I'm drawn to its dangers all the same."

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010
161803398874989 wrote:
I did an early infiltration so I could see what happened and saw several soldiers quit their job. Tongue Dibs on the video. xD

You can make the vid just as long as it doesn't get frontpaged. Evil *sarcasm*

stabguy wrote:
aurllcooljay wrote:
Notice how even though he is unresponsive to you you become exposed and under city alert.

Are you sure it was a City Alert? It looked like you punched Jubair in front of a Save Citizen, causing the guard circle to enter Open Conflict.

Oh wait. It isn't city alert. The reason I assumed it was was because of another time I was following Jubair from the rooftops (and so you all should know he walks right past the place when he would appear after the scene). All of a sudden I'm exposed and under city alert. It could be that when he's somewhere near the regular spawning location his AI can detect you while still remaining unresponsive to you?

161803398874989's picture
161803398874989
Offline
Citizen
male
Joined: 12/13/2010
aurllcooljay wrote:
161803398874989 wrote:
I did an early infiltration so I could see what happened and saw several soldiers quit their job. Tongue Dibs on the video. xD

You can make the vid just as long as it doesn't get frontpaged. Evil *sarcasm*

Hey, it was my idea to go back! You don't have anything to say about it. Tongue But you can make a video if I want, since I got the invisible kill anyway. Make sure you do a fully anonymous assassination while you're at it.

Oh, you can also do a teleporting kill on William (a new version).

_________________

"Betraying the Assassins is never good for one's health."
"Well, neither is drinking liquor, but I'm drawn to its dangers all the same."

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010
161803398874989 wrote:
Hey, it was my idea to go back! You don't have anything to say about it. Tongue But you can make a video if I want, since I got the invisible kill anyway. Make sure you do a fully anonymous assassination while you're at it.

You can make the video.

161803398874989 wrote:
Oh, you can also do a teleporting kill on William (a new version).

WHAT!?!?! Make the video, now. Thehiddenblade.com commands it. Crown