User login

Rant Thread

920 replies [Last post]
aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010

Ugh, someone just hacked my Facebook. It appears they posted photos for a link too... coupons for sunglasses? Angry

EDIT: I was still able to log on and update my security features. It appears someone logged in from California.

Double McStab with Cheese's picture
Double McStab w...
Offline
Citizen
male
San Diego, CA
Joined: 03/29/2012

Sorry, brah. Won't happen again. Innocent

"Apollodorus came, Caesar saw, Cleopatra conquered." ― Stacy Schiff, Cleopatra: A Life

Double McStab with Cheese's picture
Double McStab w...
Offline
Citizen
male
San Diego, CA
Joined: 03/29/2012

I got something to rant about....

Leo hit 500 youtube subscribers, and posted a video asking for questions 3 days ago AMA style. And still hasn't answered my questions! sheesh. Tongue

"Apollodorus came, Caesar saw, Cleopatra conquered." ― Stacy Schiff, Cleopatra: A Life

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010
Double McStab with Cheese wrote:
Leo hit 500 youtube subscribers, and posted a video asking for questions 3 days ago AMA style. And still hasn't answered my questions! sheesh. Tongue

Didn't he say he'd get to that in a week from when the video was posted?

And you call yourself a fan...

NEW Youtube channel!
- Joey Fogey Art

PSN: JoeyFogey

Twitch Livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/joeyfogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

stabguy's picture
stabguy
Offline
Administrator
male
Honolulu, HI USA
Joined: 09/15/2009
aurllcooljay wrote:
It appears they posted photos for a link too... coupons for sunglasses? Angry

They tagged me in that photo! I had been wondering what that was all about.

I reach in my pocket, pull out some dough. Girl acting like she never seen a $10 before.
You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm dropping Hamiltons.

Double McStab with Cheese's picture
Double McStab w...
Offline
Citizen
male
San Diego, CA
Joined: 03/29/2012
JoeyFogey wrote:
Double McStab with Cheese wrote:
Leo hit 500 youtube subscribers, and posted a video asking for questions 3 days ago AMA style. And still hasn't answered my questions! sheesh. Tongue

Didn't he say he'd get to that in a week from when the video was posted?

And you call yourself a fan...

Yeah, but, like... i posted a day late and he didn't even give my comment the leo heart like everyone else... Tongue

"Apollodorus came, Caesar saw, Cleopatra conquered." ― Stacy Schiff, Cleopatra: A Life

DarkAlphabetZoup's picture
DarkAlphabetZoup
Offline
Citizen
male
Toronto, Canada
Joined: 12/30/2009
Double McStab with Cheese wrote:
JoeyFogey wrote:
Double McStab with Cheese wrote:
Leo hit 500 youtube subscribers, and posted a video asking for questions 3 days ago AMA style. And still hasn't answered my questions! sheesh. Tongue

Didn't he say he'd get to that in a week from when the video was posted?

And you call yourself a fan...

Yeah, but, like... i posted a day late and he didn't even give my comment the leo heart like everyone else... Tongue

I Hearted the comments that I've already written / scripted answers to, so I can keep track at a glance. I just answered all of yours now, so your comment got Hearted just now too. Laughing out loud

Double McStab with Cheese's picture
Double McStab w...
Offline
Citizen
male
San Diego, CA
Joined: 03/29/2012
DarkAlphabetZoup wrote:
Double McStab with Cheese wrote:
JoeyFogey wrote:
Double McStab with Cheese wrote:
Leo hit 500 youtube subscribers, and posted a video asking for questions 3 days ago AMA style. And still hasn't answered my questions! sheesh. Tongue

Didn't he say he'd get to that in a week from when the video was posted?

And you call yourself a fan...

Yeah, but, like... i posted a day late and he didn't even give my comment the leo heart like everyone else... Tongue

I Hearted the comments that I've already written / scripted answers to, so I can keep track at a glance. I just answered all of yours now, so your comment got Hearted just now too. Laughing out loud

Woot woot!

I don't want any "why not both" answers. I want to know, DAZ... Lucy or Elise? Only one. Wink

"Apollodorus came, Caesar saw, Cleopatra conquered." ― Stacy Schiff, Cleopatra: A Life

DarkAlphabetZoup's picture
DarkAlphabetZoup
Offline
Citizen
male
Toronto, Canada
Joined: 12/30/2009
Double McStab with Cheese wrote:
DarkAlphabetZoup wrote:
Double McStab with Cheese wrote:
JoeyFogey wrote:
Double McStab with Cheese wrote:
Leo hit 500 youtube subscribers, and posted a video asking for questions 3 days ago AMA style. And still hasn't answered my questions! sheesh. Tongue

Didn't he say he'd get to that in a week from when the video was posted?

And you call yourself a fan...

Yeah, but, like... i posted a day late and he didn't even give my comment the leo heart like everyone else... Tongue

I Hearted the comments that I've already written / scripted answers to, so I can keep track at a glance. I just answered all of yours now, so your comment got Hearted just now too. Laughing out loud

Woot woot!

I don't want any "why not both" answers. I want to know, DAZ... Lucy or Elise? Only one. Wink

It's funny because that's the ONLY QUESTION I was unable to choose just one from. They are both that appealing. If you added Maria Thorpe I wouldn't be able to pick between the three of them either. I love those Templar girls too fucking much. They're like worlds more adorable to me than any of the other chars in the franchise, so. Tongue

Double McStab with Cheese's picture
Double McStab w...
Offline
Citizen
male
San Diego, CA
Joined: 03/29/2012
DarkAlphabetZoup wrote:

It's funny because that's the ONLY QUESTION I was unable to choose just one from.

Awesome. So I'll finally get an answer to "Where is Charles Lee?" Looking forward to it buddy. Laughing out loud

"Apollodorus came, Caesar saw, Cleopatra conquered." ― Stacy Schiff, Cleopatra: A Life

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010

Better question: Ashraf or Patrice?

NEW Youtube channel!
- Joey Fogey Art

PSN: JoeyFogey

Twitch Livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/joeyfogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

DarkAlphabetZoup's picture
DarkAlphabetZoup
Offline
Citizen
male
Toronto, Canada
Joined: 12/30/2009

That's really difficult, but I would pick Ashraf because it's more reasonable. He's actually there, actually employed by Ubi, and he's made Assassin's Creed recently. Patrice hasn't been involved with the series for years.

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010
stabguy wrote:
They tagged me in that photo! I had been wondering what that was all about.

Forty something friends were tagged in those photos. Luckily I was online at the time and got messaged by two people (and a little later another friend actually called me). The only other thing the hacker appeared to have done was accept my friend requests, how nice. Stare

Guess I should be thankful it wasn't worse than that. I can think of some more questionable things they could have posted. Patrick's LOLWUT?

DarkAlphabetZoup wrote:
It's funny because that's the ONLY QUESTION I was unable to choose just one from. They are both that appealing. If you added Maria Thorpe I wouldn't be able to pick between the three of them either. I love those Templar girls too f***ing much. They're like worlds more adorable to me than any of the other chars in the franchise, so. Tongue

The answer is: Kristen Bell.

DarkAlphabetZoup's picture
DarkAlphabetZoup
Offline
Citizen
male
Toronto, Canada
Joined: 12/30/2009

Muh baybee

Double McStab with Cheese's picture
Double McStab w...
Offline
Citizen
male
San Diego, CA
Joined: 03/29/2012

Someone needs to make woe vanish. Be gone!

"Apollodorus came, Caesar saw, Cleopatra conquered." ― Stacy Schiff, Cleopatra: A Life

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010
Double McStab with Cheese wrote:
Someone needs to make woe vanish. Be gone!

It is done, m'lord.

NEW Youtube channel!
- Joey Fogey Art

PSN: JoeyFogey

Twitch Livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/joeyfogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010

So I had to write up a timeline of my senior thesis progress and I realized how much work I put on myself. In order to catch the attention of everyone passing by, I decided to not only make regular illustrations, but also create my own business cards, make fake movie/game posters, a video game cover (front and back), postcard designs, clothing design graphics, a step-by-step map of my artistic method, and several videos primarily of speed drawings. This is on top of another class where we HAVE to create a group project for a real client for the same senior thesis event. That requires the same type of work I'd be doing along with two other courses that I need in order to reach the required credits to graduate.

I'll probably focus the most on 10 total illustrations (including the art map, speed drawings, and posters) and get to the rest if I actually have that time.

Part of me is actually scared that I won't be able to get it all done or my focus will fail halfway through the semester. These final courses are meant to give you more of an "employee" feeling, so the pressure is definitely there to be more serious than before about it. I'm pretty sure I can cross the streams and use some work from the other courses in my own presentation, which might make it easier on me. I just don't want to do that TOO much and seem unoriginal or even lazy.

It'll probably be fine, I know. I'm sure this is coming from me not being in a spot I want to be in in life (like still being in school and little things like that). I'm just really looking forward to having more time for work and finally building a career. Being flooded with intense all-night long projects almost every night keeps me from doing things like working full time, exercising with energy, affording actual food, even dating. I've lost count how many women I've unintentionally pushed away the last couple of years because I had so much stuff to get done on a deadline. Last semester, I went an entire month (October to November) without seeing my roommates for more than a "Going to class, I'll see ya later" moment.

I can't wait until that isn't a problem. I can't wait until I go to work and don't have to do it every single night once I clock out (that'll happen, but most likely not as often). It's tiring to think about the possible final semester coming up. Ugh

NEW Youtube channel!
- Joey Fogey Art

PSN: JoeyFogey

Twitch Livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/joeyfogey

Instagram: joeyfogey

aurllcooljay's picture
aurllcooljay
Offline
Citizen
male
At Thehiddenblade.com. Where else?
Joined: 06/13/2010

College sounds like it really sucks. Thankfully I have a pretty good job for only having a high school diploma.

stabguy's picture
stabguy
Offline
Administrator
male
Honolulu, HI USA
Joined: 09/15/2009

At least you're doing what you love, Joey. Sometimes you get too much of a good thing. After you graduate, my hope is that you start a career as an artist and get to do that all day (but not all night).

I reach in my pocket, pull out some dough. Girl acting like she never seen a $10 before.
You can call me Aaron Burr from the way I'm dropping Hamiltons.

JoeyFogey's picture
JoeyFogey
Offline
Administrator
male
Indianapolis, IN
Joined: 02/16/2010
stabguy wrote:
At least you're doing what you love, Joey. Sometimes you get too much of a good thing. After you graduate, my hope is that you start a career as an artist and get to do that all day (but not all night).

If this semester goes well, I'll have a good start to things after graduation. I was given the chance to head an augmented reality app with a few other students. I'm in charge of the creative direction (with the client we're working for) and basically being the boss. I even had to schedule everyone for the entire semester, which was painful, and research what resources we need to complete it on time. I actually already know the client, so that will make things go smoothly.

The best part is, I've been hoping to get a job that would land me in a creative control position. This is a big step towards that. I'll actually get manager experience on many levels and have my name attached to the app. A couple of people in this group seem to forget that they have phones that we're required to use for a messenger app (called "Slack").

Last Thursday, I gave them a little rundown of the plan of attack for this week and I get a message yesterday asking what the plan was. I just wanted to say, "Look back 2 messages", but I'm trying to avoid my smartass attitude.

But anyways, hopefully this becomes a positive addition to my portfolio.

NEW Youtube channel!
- Joey Fogey Art

PSN: JoeyFogey

Twitch Livestream channel: http://www.twitch.tv/joeyfogey

Instagram: joeyfogey