I believe the title speaks for me; the final time is 2:48:41, according to the in-game timer. I don't really know what else to say, so here are:
- the links to the different videos and the playlist,
- my comments about the latter.
Since this mission is scripted there aren't much creative opportunities. Here's a small variety pack.
Fists Only Assassination
For those of you unfamiliar with Eagles Bruise it's the technique where you kill people in the game using only your fists, unless you have to use another weapon. Because of how the mission is designed it seems as though the only way to first kill the target is with an air assassination, but from a pillar you can jump in front of the target and knock him out with your fists instead. I also use fists against the archers beforehand. For those of you wondering how to defeat him with fists during the fight there is a technique known as thief bash (countersteal + punch).
Fast Easy Fight
Some of you might wonder how to defeat the target fast during the fight. Here are two ways:
1. Go to the roof of the building outside the fighting area. It's high enough that characters will die from the fall. So knock Shahkulu off when you have the chance. If any of the guards get in your way grab them while holding a weapon to quickly kill them.
2. Go to the same roof. When Shahkulu climbs up drop down and ledge assassinate him. As you can see I got lucky as the target was the first to climb up.
Weapon in Scene Glitch
You are able to have a weapon unsheathed during the memory corridor scene and the scene that follows. I show one of two ways to do this:
1. Unsheath a weapon when you reach the platform from which you air assassinate Shahkulu. Select hidden blades and quickly air assassinate before you sheath the weapon. After the air assassination Ezio seems to sheath the weapon, but it is unsheathed in the scene (perhaps he doesn't sheath it all the way?). I've had one time where it didn't work, could either have been based on chance or on the type of weapon.
2. Another way would be to air assassinate like normal and select the weapon. Ezio unsheathes it before the memory corridor.
I will try not to flood this board in one day with videos but im only at my parents for a few days so this is the best time for me to record videos with sound.
It's for sure the fastest way to kill Tarik. Firstly you have to equip the bomb before starting the cutscene, then hold Y (for Xbox360) when you see the loading icon, Ezio will aim the target automatically.
I used an impact bomb, with English powder and shrapnel.
Blitz - Save Rasit El Zubeyid
Rasit El Zubeyid is the second assassin to be executed by the Templar. (The first is Vahid Ahmedi, who is executed at right after the checkpoint.) Rasit's execution is triggered by killing the second guard you encounter on the castle wall or by entering unmarked areas around the site. You can still kill the target despite these efforts by the developers. Run toward the target as shown, and stop just past the guard to quickly throw 3 knives. You are detected, but the target dies quickly enough for a successful mission. Keep your distance from the nearby guard when you throw the knives so that you are not detected prematurely.
For this memory, you are required to kill a Den captain to reclaim the Den for the assassins. I messed around in it, and this is the end result. Sadly, I wasn't able to record an eagle strike, though I know how to jump and all that (tip: use eagle sense to direct Ezio's gaze very precisely, which makes difficult jumps much easier). Anyway, on to the video.